<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5285808?origin\x3dhttp://takingavalonapart.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, September 15, 2005

first blog artwork



Finally, because the camera is in my house, and so is the sample artwork I did during my teaching demonstration today.


Thanks to Pam who shared with me her photos, taken with a SLR camera on her travels and ecological escapades in Singapore and around the region.






The class today was for a group of primary school art teachers, on painting in the Impressionistic style - again! the easiest to teach for beginners - using a theme of seascapes. Yes, the school is near the sea. Hence, the theme.


Impressionism has to be semi-realistic, painted with lots of colours being emphasised, and with creative brushstrokes. Not the usual neat kind, but rather, a little blurry, and what I told the folks at school - an 'astigmatism' effect. As you can see, I emphasised the yellows and pinks a lot more than the blue, because I enjoyed the clouds swathed in pink a lot more than the impending darkness. It looks a bit orange here though, but that's because of the lighting in my living room, and my orange couch.


I stress, I am not an artist, but an art educator. Hope that is disclaimer itself!

Labels: