Friday, December 11, 2009
comments NOT useful for someone with depression
- You need to get out and socialise more often
- Don't keep thinking that you are depressed
- Don't rely on medication, you will get addicted
- Don't be sad
- Try to keep yourself occupied
- Why don't you try (insert alternative therapy)?
The best thing to do is to listen and not to give advice. Ask about the problem. But don't give solutions. The depressed person's psychiatrist knows better, and the depressed person has likely already read all that he or she can on the sickness.
It is a sickness not a behaviour problem.